This form is for residents of California and certain states with similar laws to exercise certain rights under their state privacy laws:
- The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides California residents with the right to opt out of certain disclosures of their personal information to third parties where such disclosure would be considered a "sale" or “sharing” under the CCPA. “Sharing” means certain kinds of disclosures made for advertising purposes.
- Residents of a few other states with similar laws can opt out of certain disclosures of personal information that constitute a “sale” under their respective state privacy laws. These laws also let them opt out of certain uses of personal information for targeted advertising.
- Residents of some of those states also have a right to opt out of the processing of personal information for purposes of “profiling” in furtherance of decisions that produce certain “legal or similarly significant effects” as those terms are defined in their state privacy laws.
To submit one of these opt-out requests, follow the steps below. Because these opt-out rights are limited under the state privacy laws, and because not all state privacy laws apply to Waking Up, we still may engage in some disclosures of your personal information after you exercise these rights.
Step 1: Complete the form below.
Step 2: If you would like your request to apply to personal information collected through cookies and similar technologies during your future visits to wakingup.com, then, on the website, please also follow the steps below from each browser you use to visit the website. If you reset your browser, clear your cookies, or use a browser that automatically clears cookies, you’ll need to perform these steps again.
- Click on the Cookies Preferences link in the footer of the website and read the instructions
- Toggle off Performance Cookies, Ad Targeting Cookies, and Functional Cookies
- Click “Confirm My Choices”